Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I’ve been feeling much gratitude lately for a host of reasons.
At this time in 1963, JF Kennedy said, “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.”As leaders, it’s what we do that really counts, not just what we say.
The power of EOS® is purely and simply about putting ideas and thoughts into action. Employees respond with appreciation when leaders provide:
- A clear picture of how the company sees the future
- The opportunity to work next to people who are not toxic and can do their jobs
- Feedback on how the company is performing and how they contribute to its success
- Trustworthy leaders who really hear issues and have the courage to resolve them
- Clear processes to take the drama out of the day-to-day chaos
- Productive meetings where priorities are established and follow up on
As leaders, our goal is to create a healthy culture. With this, we earn the gratitude of our employees. This is a great time of year to reflect on how we’re doing.