Maya Angelou said, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Leaders in the EOS® system ask themselves ten important questions. These get to the heart of how you manage, lead and inspire your team.
The questions also become the foundation of your ongoing relationships with your direct reports. They include:
- Are we on the same page about the vision of the company and your position?
- Is there clarity about the expectations each of us has of the other?
- Is the frequency of regular meetings right?
- Do you receive enough support from me?
- Are things being delegated appropriately?
- Is feedback given and taken well?
The reward for this time with employees goes well beyond the information itself. It conveys the critical message that you genuinely care about them.
When employees feel your appreciation and respect, they feel valued. In turn, they become more engaged with you and with the company.